So How Was YOUR Day?

I'm a doom and gloom person.

I always expect the worst. And it usually does.

Take last week. Out running in my neighborhood I was jumped by a huge muzzled (muzzled!) German Shepherd who slashed my bare leg (it was warm then!) with his toenails. He did draw blood, two smallish scratches on my thigh.

When I went online, worried about rabies (a friend who lives nearby says he's always running around with animals in his mouth), it turned out I was at risk only if he'd licked his paw first. Uh,no. Thank goodness for small favors.

Animal Control came and went and nothing seemed to happen (this dog runs loose all the time, but that's a story for another time).

Then my cell and charger (and, most painful of all, my new J.T. Watkins CD) were stolen out of my car (and cost me a fortune, even with insurance, to replace!). Granted. The car was unlocked.

But it was a strange feeling, like being violated. It must have been catching because then I noticed that a small tree I had recently planted in my front yard had had many of its branches snipped off.

Am I a magnet for bad luck? I started to think so. Maybe my doom and gloom was prescient. A friend is moving to a wealthy town. Another is buying a hot new car. And I get my cell phone stolen. But comparison is the death of joy, it's said.

Then I thought of all the good things in my life, something I learned to do when I was treated for cancer. My husband and son and I (so far!) are healthy and in the end, it's just a phone (and a tree).

I have so much abundance in my life. Yes, someone stole my cell phone (and for a brief time, my sense of identity!), but it's just a piece of plastic and some number pads. Everything in my life is ok (I'm working. I have a nice home. My son is doing well in his first year of high school, and I don't live in a city ravaged by terrorism; my heart breaks for you, Paris). Really, I have nothing to complain about.

So today I'm going to look at what I have, not what I don't. And you know what? It's enough.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Replacing Human Contact? Nah

Take Herbal Supplements? Even Green Tea Extract Can Lead to Liver Damage

Need the ER? Pray Your Doc Plays Video Games