What Do 5-Year-Olds Want For Their Birthdays? In Kentucky, A Gun

Who on earth would give a 5-year-old a rifle for his birthday?  All you gun zealots out there, do you still believe guns should be available to anyone?

I couldn't believe this when I heard that this young boy had accidentally -- accidentally -- shot and killed his 2-year-old sister. Of course it was an accident but what moron gave this child a gun -- and put bullets in it?

I'm tired of all my ranting and raving about gun control, and am totally brokenhearted that Obama didn't call in favors or do some strong-arming of Congress to get even the watered-down background check bill passed. How could he miss this opportunity?  One that probably won't come up again for another 20 years, based on our yellow-bellied senators.

I also couldn't believe that any sane man or woman would put a donor's dollars ahead of a child's life.  But I guess I was naive.  Not just one did it, over 50 did.  What would they say now to this child's parents?  I heard the grandparents or other family members on CNN and they didn't seem all that fazed.  Sure, they were sad the 2-year-old died, but totally unaffected by the fact that their 5-year-old relative was the one who killed her -- with a gun.

I guess for Kentucky that's normal. I traveled at one time for a job in the Midwest and remember finding Kentucky charming and kind of old-fashioned. Maybe guns are just a part of the culture there but you'd think people would have enough sense to wait until a kid's at least six before giving him a gun.

I don't mean to make fun of this but I don't know what else to make of it.  It's just too sad for words.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Herbal Supplements? Even Green Tea Extract Can Lead to Liver Damage

Social Media Replacing Human Contact? Nah

Don't Wash Your Chicken and Other Food Safety Myths