Just Say No to Microwave Popcorn

This really depressed me.  One of my favorite foods is one of the three you should never eat, according to a new study.

It's microwave popcorn.  Apparently, there's some chemical in it that causes respiratory problems, along with other distressing illnesses.  "Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) lines the popcorn bag and is part of a class of compounds that may be linked to infertility in humans, according to a UCLA study. In animal testing, the chemicals caused liver, testicular and pancreatic cancer – and once the popcorn is microwaved, the chemicals can get into the popcorn," yahoo.com reports. 

But it's the fumes from the bag that are most toxic.  A man who loved to inhale the steam rising from the bag after popping the stuff developed a rare but serious lung condition -- after doing it twice a day for 20 years!  He even earned a new disease name -- "popcorn lung," according to the Huffington Post.  

Supposedly, if you don't inhale the fumes, you should be okay.  Maybe.

I sure hope this isn't true because my 12-year-old lives on this.  But I have to say, he keeps his face tuned away when opening the bag.  It's hot!

So what are the other two?  Cheese fries and hot dogs.  Never eat either.


Popular posts from this blog

Think You're Pretty Smart? You May Actually Stink at Visual Skills, Crucial in Today's Digital World

Leave Your Ego at the Door

Did You Know Emojis Could Do THAT?